To Make New Maps or Mods:
- Download the A Hat in Time - Modding Tools. They can be found in the "Tools" section of Steam, or as a separate app on GoG. (Note: The modding tools are not needed to play mods, only to create mods).
- Launch the modding tools.
- Click "New Mod" to create your mod package.
- Launch the editor by clicking "Launch Editor". Inside the editor, you can create new maps, assets, and similar.
- If you're looking to create a Purple Time Rift, click File -> New Map, and select the Purple Time Rift template. If the template doesn't show up, try restarting the editor.
To Publish Your Map or Mod:
- Once your map or mod is ready, click "Cook Mod".
- Once the cooking process is complete, click "Test Mod" to verify that your mod plays as expected.
- Set your mod's info, such as name, folder name, description and tags.
- Click Submit to Steam Workshop, and wait for the transfer to complete.
- Once complete, you can click "View in Steam Workshop" to view your mod.